Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How to: Styling my IamMinglee hair

Hi dolls,

As you know I recently had the IamMinglee hair installed and I am in love. I have received so many compliments on the hair and questions about how I style it so I decided to do a mini pictorial so you can see what I do! It only takes me 15 minutes in the morning to curl the hair and even less time when I use flexirods the night before.

Products needed:
 -heat protectant
-styling oil
-curling iron
-clips
-flat iron
 
(From left to right)


#1: Protect the hair
 
The first thing I do is spray a heat protectant on the hair. I want the hair to last so I take additional steps to keep it healthy. Treat your weaves like you would your own hair. I use TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray, which you can find at Walmart or any drug store.

#2: Divide the hair into sections
I divide the hair into four different sections, two in the front and two in the back. This will make curling it easier.

#3: Curl the hair
There are different techniques for curling the hair. A favorite of mine is to take a medium amount of the hair and place the curling iron flap towards me. I then curl the hair to the back to create the desired effect. I use a Revlon Perfect Heat curling iron with a one inch barrel. To create a curl with more wave you can either use a large portion of the hair or use a larger barell.

#4: Styling the curls
Usually when I first curl my hair, I like to wear it as it is because eventually the curls will drop. To set the hair, I simply use TRESemme Extra Holding Spray. If I want them to appear more wavy, I will take a paddle brush and brush out the curls.

#5: Flat iron your natural hair
I use a Chi Flat Iron to blend my hair with the weave. To limit the heat you put onto your natural hair if you do have some leave out, simply wear a scarf at night.

#6: Add shine
If needed, I like to use Regis Shine spray, which you can find at your local Regis Salon.

So that is all I do to my hair. To maintain my curls at night, I use flexirods to keep and let them loose in the morning. I will post the pictorial on how I put the flexirods within the next two weeks.

I hope this post was informative. My hair is holding up very well and there isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't ask me about it :)


XOXO,
Breezy

No comments:

Post a Comment