Friday, November 16, 2012

Initial Hair Review: Iamminglee Snob Hair

Let's talk about hair hunty!


Snob face ^_^


So if you follow me on instagram, @moreaboutbeauty, you would have saw my preview post to hair that I purchased from Ming Lee's website. I have been dying to try some of her hair and I stumbled across a great sale! Normally when purchasing virgin hair, I spend approximately $300 and up. This time, she had a sale on virgin Indian hair for basically half price! [DISCLAIMER: The Indian hair is not on her website at this current time but from her twitter I think she may start to carry it, however I can't verify that. The price of the hair does not reflect the quality!] The hair was half price because her supplier sent her the wrong batch of hair and I'm assuming she just wanted to get rid of it. Her website offers Brazilian hair and Eurasian hair (which is gorg!). This is my first time purchasing the hair and here is my initial review.



Bundles: two 16" and one 18"


Price: 16 in"=$55 per bundle    18"=$65 per bundle

Ounce: Between 3.2-3.5 oz

Wefts: Sealed, very neat!

Color: Natural dark brown

Texture: It appears to be body wave, it was not listed on website.


Packaging: It came in a standard USPS box and inside of the box was her business card and the hair was in a plastic bag, each bundle wrapped individually, unlike her usual individual bag with the business label. Each bundle was wrapped with a rubber band, a hair tie, and a cute pink ribbon at the top.

Shipping: On her website, it listed that it would take between 7-10 business days. This is because the orders go through pay pal. I ordered the hair Monday 10/15/2012, paypal cleared my echeck 10/19/2012, and I received the hair 10/26/2012. The hair took a while to arrive because it had to go through customs (per text message from Ming, #soIknowitsreal !!).

Customer service: I communicated personally with Ming through text messages. She is text friendly and also has a business email listed on her website.

Initial Thoughts: The feel of the hair is very soft and it did not tangle when I ran my hands through it. I did notice that the ends would need some trimming on one of my 16" bundles but the other two were fine. I LOVE the wave pattern of the hair!! The waves were deep and when I combed through it, they remained that way. In the picture above, the ends looked that way because I removed the hair our of the package and had it laying around.

As I stated before, the bundles are 3.2-3.5 oz. I did not weigh my hair but what I can tell you is that normally I receive 4oz of hair. Because the hair was on sale, the oz did not bother me. Hence, why I bought an additional bundle. I can reccommend that if you buy over a 12"-14", that you will need an additional bundle for fullness. Two bundles of 12"-14" will be full enough. After installing the hair I realized that three bundles were enough, even though the bundles are smaller than normal. 

Before installing the hair, I always deep condition it! When I ran the hair under water, I noticed that the hair became soapy prior to me putting any product on it. I'm assuming she used a leave in conditioner and it left the hair extremely soft! I deep conditioned the hair anyway though.
How I deep condition hair :
 I use Organix Renewing Treatment, which is BOGO at Ulta!.
1. I use a ziplock bag to put the hair in
2. Dampen the hair and add the treatment, put it in the microwave for about a minute
3. Rinse hair, get rid of excess water, and add Organix Morrocan Argan Penetrating Oil.
4. Let the hair air dry

There was very minimal shedding with the hair and no tangles. The hair is on the darker side, so in an upcoming post I will be lightening the hair with developer and possibly dye the ends honey blond. I will also keep you posted on the durability after I dye it, tangles, shedding, etc.

Overall: I give this hair an A+ and I would highly reccommend it. Don't let the price fool you, she did us a favor by offering this hair on sale! Once it was installed, all my doubts were blown away! LOVE, LOVE this hair!

Here are some pics of my first day with the hair. My stylist, Val Anderson, installed the hair for me. The front of the hair was flipped back while the rest is in it's natural state. I LOVE it!! This is definitely holiday hair!




If you have any questions about the hair, you can leave your questions below. For inquires on purchasing the hair, please visit http://www.iamminglee.com. Check back for more styling photos!

FTC: This hair was purchased by me and I am not being paid to review this hair. All opinions are unbiased. I will always give you my HONEST opinion!

XOXO,
Breezy

3 comments:

  1. Looks nice young woman. The body wave is a nice wave looks bouncy, the flare on your hair makes Rick Flair jealous. What kind of lipstick is that by the way? Your make up looks flawless as it usually does. Good stuff. Wooooo! (Rick Flair voice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does all her weft come sealed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you have had the hair for a couple of months, will you do an updated review?

    ReplyDelete